Sunday, August 30, 2020

winning the lotto

 WALT Write a narrative

Purpose: To entertain

Audience: Room 2, parents, other classes, blog readers


WALT Write an introduction:

I must remember to:

  • Use a hook to get my audience interested

  • Include ideas from my plan - the setting and characters

  • Check my punctuation and spelling is correct, and try to improve some of my vocabulary


Title: winning the lotto


Introduction


Woah. This skateboard park is awesome. I could do this all. “Woooah” THUMP ouch. John woke up in a hospital bed. The nurse was beside him. “Well what happened to you then young man,” the nurse asked “I hurt myself at a skateboard park” Jhon grumbled. “ How much more time till I can get out of here,” Jhon asked hesitantly. “Two weeks,” The nurse said. Those to weeks were the dullest weeks of John’s life. After waiting for all that time he was finally able to walk again. He walked out of the hospital and walked by some shops. He saw a dairy shop with a lotto sign ontop and then remembered: hey, I bought a ticket before I got hurt. John reached into his pocket and to his surprise, he noticed that the ticket was gone...“Oh no! Not again” Jhon said in a disastrous voice.” I lost my lotto ticket AGAIN”. “Well, that’s a week’s worth of chores wasted”. Well, my ticket was probably useless anyway. It’s not like no.17(my ticket) is the winner for the grand prize. Jhon thought. Jhon called a cab and went back home. His mother was in the kitchen making some dinner, and his father was watching tv. Jhon walked down to his father and saw what he was watching. Lotto NZ. They were calling out the numbers. They called out all of the prizes that were less than the grand prize already. Now they were going to say the GRAND PRIZE WINNER.” and the winning number is…. NO.17!!!” Joh couldn’t believe what he was hearing. NO.17 was the grand prize winner! John went off to search for his missing ticket. He looked everywhere but he couldn’t find it. He stumbled up to his bedroom and sat down. He opened one of his comics when… HIS TICKET FELL OUT. He was so happy he rushed down the stairs and showed his family the ticket. John was stunned. He had won THE GRAND PRIZE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment