Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Catch it as the pomegranate

Catch it as the pomegranate

One normal day I was minding my own business, hanging from my tree, watching the view.  I was plump and round, red and juicy, ready to be eaten at any moment which I, of course, didn’t want to happen.  I was the most delicious pomegranate for miles around and I knew it. As much as I didn’t want to believe it, I knew my days were numbered.  Suddenly those darn evil meerkats woke up again. I didn’t know what to do… then they saw me, oh no! They climbed up MY tree and came to me. One of them sniffed me, then another and another…  

They all jumped down and stared at me which made me feel slightly uncomfortable.  What was it with these meerkats? Why had they taken such a liking to me? I pondered to myself.  All of a sudden another predator came and this time it was the vicious bird. It yanked me from my stalk with its razor-sharp talons and flew away. 

To my surprise, the nasty little runners, the meerkats, actually came to rescue me!  “Wow.” I thought, maybe I misjudged them. One of these small cat-like creatures grabbed onto the vulture’s foot, then the others all attached themselves together to form a long chain from the bird’s foot to the ground.  The bird flew around all over the place trying to shake the meerkats off but they didn’t let go.

The bird flapped his wings ferociously, gaining speed and power and finally he flew higher into the air...  The meerkats, still connected together, flew helplessly through the air and looked like the tail of a kite. Then with a jolt, the vulture shook the meerkats free from his foot and they separated out in the sky.  A meerkat caught me in mid-air and passed me to other meerkats until one got hit and I began to fall down to my death. However, the bird snatched me up before I hit the ground. After this, a single meerkat landed on the bird, one, then two, then three... until ten meerkats stood on his back. They made a triangle and weighted the bird down a little. The bird got them off with a large shake of his body which sent the meerkats tumbling through the air once more. As the vulture turned back, he forgot to look where he was going, then… BANG!  He hit a rock face...SMACK!

I flew down towards the clay-colored, orange, scorching hot ground.  Luckily for me, I was saved by a meerkat that caught me with two steady, coordinated hands.  “That was a close call, I could’ve fallen down all the way to the hard ground.” I shuddered. 


They started playing rugby with me...excuse me, how rude! One of them kicked me and I went through these two trees that were shaped like a rugby post.  I hurtled through the air like a cannonball and I felt the wind brushing against my skin. But then, to my horror, I began to plummet, what goes up must come down.  “Ahhhhhh!” I screamed in horror. 


 Sadly I landed with a SMOOSH!  My skin split open and my flesh oozed all over the ground.  I knew my time was up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment